A MESSAGE FROM JOHN R. BENNETT TO OUR VALUED CLIENTS AND FRIENDS OF THE FIRM
As the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) begins to have an increased impact on our communities, the team here at Bennett Trust Estate & Elder Law feels it is important to share the current measures we have enacted to provide the safest environment possible for our clients and our team. We are taking steps that align with the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO), keeping the health and well-being of those most vulnerable among us at the forefront of our minds.
- All conference rooms and common areas are routinely cleaned with Lysol or a similar disinfectant between client appointments, including frequently touched surfaces such as conference table, telephone, chairs, etc.
- On a regular basis, and whenever possible, Team Members are washing their hands thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20-seconds after touching a shared office surface. Hand sanitizer is being utilized in situations where team members are unable to wash their hands.
- Team Members must stay at home if a family member or themselves are showing signs of flu-like or respiratory symptoms. They are not to return to work until the affected person is free of a fever and displays no additional signs of illness, pursuant to the guidance and recommendations propounded by the CDC and WHO.
- To support and implement the CDC prevention strategy known as “Social Distancing”, we are limiting person-to-person contact when interacting with clients and others in the workplace (i.e., temporarily restraining from handshaking, hugs, etc.).
- As it is important that we are still available to assist our clients and other members of our community, we are implementing the opportunity to conduct meetings virtually for those clients who are ill or concerned about traveling to our office.
We are focused on being here for our clients throughout this period just as we have done through other periods of turmoil. I want to thank you for your support and understanding during a rapidly evolving situation as we make every effort to support our clients, team members and the community we serve.
At Bennett Trust, Estate & Elder Law, LLC, we focus on what is known in legal circles as estate planning, elder law, asset protection and closely related practice areas. What does this mean in plain English? We help families find answers to tough questions, such as:
- How can I ensure that when I pass away my assets will go to the people I want to receive them?
- How can I pass my values on to future generations and ensure a lasting legacy?
- How can I make sure that people of my choosing will have the authority to make medical and financial decisions on my behalf if I become incapacitated?
- If my spouse or I require expensive long-term care, how will we pay for it? Can we get assistance from Medicaid?
- What is involved in settling an estate or administering a trust?
- How can I protect my hard-earned assets from creditors, divorce and other potential threats?
- How can I ensure my special needs child will be well cared for when I can no longer provide his or her care myself?
- How can I minimize estate and gift taxes?
We invite you to explore this site to learn more about us and how we can help you find answers to questions like these and many others. If you like what you see, why not contact us for a consultation or reserve a seat at our next Client Orientation Meeting? We welcome the opportunity to meet you to discuss your particular needs and hopes for the future and to help educate you on what options are available with regard to your planning. Ultimately, our goal is to help you achieve the peace of mind that comes from having a plan in place for every stage of life’s journey. No matter who you are, or where you are on life’s journey, you are welcome here. Let’s talk soon.